Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Body Beautiful

This day...

I honor and appreciate my body.

After coming down with a cold just days ago, I am celebrating my body's quickest recovery in over a year.
I am listening...responding...inquiring...loving (as best I can anyway) this process of conversing with my body. I am not here to dominate and control my body. In highschool and early college, I used to love to manipulate and form my body... watching it change and respond even over night. Now though, things are different. I've been sick and I've been broken and I know how it feels to be so disconnected from my physical home, in more ways than one.

This day, I am grateful for coming home to my body. For growing stronger and stronger each day.

I am not as thin as I was a year ago. I can't wear most of my favorite clothes (namely a pair of bright yellow jeans with stars stitched on the back pocket and my black, leather-fringe riding chaps). But last year I was frail. I was full of foreign parasites and my body was wrecked with trauma. I was swimming in my hospital gown. But I sure looked good. ;)


Today, I am thankful for color in my cheeks. Fullness in my legs and stomach... the reflection of my body's natural desire to nurse me back to full health... to safeguard against further bouts of sudden depletion. I am more sure, today than ever, that I will never be back to where I was. I will only be forward. I can only be more. Everyday, I am reassuring my body that I am here. Truly truly. Yes, I am strong. Yes, I am steady. Yes, I can dance.


Forget the clothes for now... and let's rebuild the village.

No comments: